- Bibliographie et documents
- “CUBE” exhibition in Blois
“CUBE” exhibition in Blois
Published on 11 July 2017 - Updated 04 January 2021
- Blois (41)
The challenge of outreach events in the public space
Raising overall awareness of the themes of architecture and heritage is of paramount importance. The aim of "cube" exhibitions is to yield insight into urban living and the urban regeneration policy, showcasing heritage within a dynamic vision. Cubes are a way of organising outreach events in public space where developments are taking place. Two exhibitions have been curated.
Safeguarding the identity of a neighbourhood and protecting its vitality means rooting it in the present-day. Public outreach events are important and should not be overlooked: sharing heritage with others implies nurturing ties between people. It particularly involves teaching them never to look at history as an object of the past, destined to take its place in museums. The overarching theme running through “cube” exhibitions is the modern relevance of this idea of heritage.
- Ensure that historical heritage and defining features of our living environments are shared with future generations in a mindset of collective responsibility.
- Enable an understanding of the past, to live in the present and prepare for the future.
- Set in motion a process of realisation and assimilation of areas through outreach activities.
- Develop the notion of urban citizenship.
- Set current lifestyles against the requirements of safeguarding heritage.
Outcome and outlook
Publications have emerged in connection with the exhibitions, and initiated the “Focus sur Blois” collection:
Developing the "Loire-city centre" of Blois
2012 - 2017
The development of the "Loire-city centre" is giving a new focus point to the...Read more