The exhibition is organised around 3 defining features of Edouard André's identity. The first part presents the horticulturist and traveller. The second delves into his work as a landscape gardener: his beginnings, his agency, his designs in the Loire Valley and his legacy (with René Edouard André). The final part is devoted to Edouard André: the theoretician, writer and professor.
The 6 panels making up this exhibition:
- An explorer of the plant world
- The diversity of projects of a successful artist
- The French landscape school, passing on and sharing a passion
- A region of choice: The Loire Valley
- Site and styles, towards a new form of garden
- René André (1867–1942), the garden legacy
It has been curated by Stéphanie de Courtois, a member of the Édouard André Association.
To mark the "Gardens in the Loire Valley 2017" season, Mission Val de Loire put on 3 travelling "mini-exhibitions" for stakeholders and partners exploring the garden theme, aimed at rounding off the initiative:
- An exhibition on André Leroy , curated by Isabelle Lévêque
- An exhibition on Edouard André, curated by Stéphanie de Courtois
- A general exhibition on gardens and the Loire Valley, curated by Mission Val de Loire
On the web:
Vous n’avez pas trouvé l’information que vous cherchiez dans cette page ?
Bien reçu !
Nous vous répondrons prochainement.
L’équipe de la Mission Val de Loire.