This exhibition traces the career of André Leroy, a famous 19th-century nursery gardener from Angers who was also a master garden designer and renowned botanist. It is based in particular on photographs and layouts of gardens designed by André Leroy in the Loire Valley.
The 6 panels making up this exhibition:
- The garden: a family adventure
- An international nurseryman
- The horticultural botanist
- The artist, designer of gardeners
- Parks renewing the Anjou landscape
- Designs in West France – beyond the borders of Anjou
It has been curated by Isabelle Levêque, "Parks, Gardens and Landscapes" officer at the Département-level Heritage Commission (Directorate for Culture and Heritage).
To mark the "Gardens in the Loire Valley 2017" season, Mission Val de Loire put on 3 travelling "mini-exhibitions" for stakeholders and partners exploring the garden theme, aimed at rounding off the initiative:
- An exhibition on André Leroy, curated by Isabelle Lévêque
- An exhibition on Edouard André , curated by Stéphanie de Courtois
- A general exhibition on gardens and the Loire Valley , curated by Mission Val de Loire
On the web:
Vous n’avez pas trouvé l’information que vous cherchiez dans cette page ?
Bien reçu !
Nous vous répondrons prochainement.
L’équipe de la Mission Val de Loire.