[Fr] Chargé·e de mission Paysage (CDD, 3 ans)
La Mission Val de Loire recrute un·e chargé·e de mission Paysage sur un contrat de projet pour une durée de trois ans. Sous la direction du directeur,...
Published on 03 November 2014 - Updated 05 November 2014
Cet article date d'il y a plus de 8 ans
Château Dunois in Beaugency reopened in mid-October 2014 after having been closed to visitors for 11 years. In 2013, the General Council sold it to Xavier Lelevé, owner of Château de Meung-sur-Loire, since when it has undergone renovation work prior to opening its doors to the public.
It is open from 18 October to 2 November, with activities including historical enquiries and a Halloween evening. It will then be closing its doors to prepare for Christmas at the Château, which is set to take place in December, before reopening for the 2015 season.
Joan of Arc’s companion-in-arms, John, Bastard of Orleans (1403-1460) became Count of Dunois and, through his marriage to Marie d’Harcourt, lord of Beaugency. He had the château built on the site of the original medieval fortress and lived there for 17 years. His descendants refurbished the building in Renaissance style. After the Revolution, it was sold as national property, before being acquired by the département of Loiret in the 19th century.
Bien reçu !
Nous vous répondrons prochainement.
L’équipe de la Mission Val de Loire.