A free, public event for all the family, every two years the Loire Festival welcomes Loire lovers as well as anyone wishing to set off in discovery of the beauty and wealth of the Loire Valley World Heritage. From 18 to 22 September, Orléans will be hosting the largest European gathering of rivercraft. Over 200 boats and 600 bargepeople, 400 artists and some 150 free activities will bring the banks to life along 2 km. The Mission Val de Loire will attend the Centre Regional Council's stand.
On the programme: exhibitions, jousting or locking demonstrations, boat races, parades of the finest boats, shows and entertainment for children, street performances for everyone, concerts (7 stages) and more...
The European country of honour this year is Italy with the Po River and Lagoon of Venice.
As well as all the entertainment and animation going on for visitors to enjoy as they stroll along the banks, there will be several stopovers all along the 2 km itinerary with thematic villages and other open-air cafés for visitors too.
- "Loire, Côté Nature" stop: find out about the natural heritage and biodiversity of the Loire.
- "Des moussaillons" stop: activities for children of all ages.
- The Village and Loire Exhibition: local produce and delicacies of the Loire and independent businesses from the region.
- The Port d’Orléans will house "waterways and rivers of France", "South of France Marine", "Loire bargepeople" and "Italy, the Po and Lagoon of Venice" villages: boatyards, joinery and ironwork workshops, etc.
- Open-Air Cafés (7 in total): regional and Loire menus.